St Leonard's, Matakana
24 Matakana Valley Road, Matakana
Services : 9.30am every Sunday
Land was donated, money raised and a tender let for the erection of the church which was dedicated 31st May 1914 in the name of St Leonard of Noblac, patron saint of prisoners, friend of the weak and the fallen. The building was extended in 1993 and a Rose Window was added in 2001 which portrays elements of the Christian faith and of the local history and character of Matakana. The adjacent Opportunity Shop, built at the same time as the church (though also extended in the late 1990s and again in the early 1990s), was once the post office.