The Warkworth Anglican Cemetery, located between Percy Street and Bennett Street, was established in 1875 and includes the graves of many of our district’s leading figures. The cemetery is still open for burials or for the interment of ashes.
Priority is given to members of our Parish, however those with a strong connection to Warkworth may still apply for a burial or ash plot by writing to or emailing the Vicar. Burial plots cost $2,000 (ex GST) and ash plots cost $600 (ex GST) as at September 2020 (prices subject to change).
Applications for burial or interment can be obtained by contacting the Parish Office.
Kourawhero Cemetery, also known as Old Kaipara Road Cemetery, was established around 1860 as the churchyard of St Clement's Church. The churchyard was retained when the church was moved in 1919 and, although the surrounding land was sold to a neighbouring farmer in 1964, the original cemetery remains open for the interment of ashes.